Channel Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a Channel Marketing Manager at Verkada, you will be responsible for nurturing and growing our channel ecosystem of 5,000+ partners. You will own all collateral related to channel communications, including the partner newsletter, promotional content, and events-related materials. You will also have the opportunity to influence the partner relationship journey, from awareness and recruiting to training and engagement. This role involves close collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance departments as you experiment with a variety of growth levers, including sales enablement, paid social advertising, in-person/virtual training, and more.
You will also contribute to developing collateral for co-marketing campaigns with strategic partners. This role offers valuable insights into how a leading startup defines and executes its go-to-market strategy.
- Create marketing collateral, sales tools, and training materials to support partners in promoting and selling Verkada's products and solutions.
- Manage a bi-weekly newsletter featuring program updates, product launches, training sessions, and partner spotlights.
- Collaborate with the Events & Field Marketing team to produce exhibition booth materials for channel-related events.
- Manage the end-to-end creative process for channel-related requests.
- Assist in creating presentations for product launches, training, and co-branded webinars.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure effective partner-facing content.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competition, and best practices in channel marketing to enhance Verkada's partner ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in channel marketing, product marketing, comms background, or similar experience
- Impeccable ability to write and communicate with technical audiences
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams including Sales, Marketing, and Product
- Ability to create one-pagers, presentations and collateral using Figma or equivalent, with a strong eye for design
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to autonomously prioritize multiple requests from various stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and understand numbers, data and patterns (Excel proficiency is a must)
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $90,000 - 155,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.