Software Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is actively seeking an exceptional individual to join us as an Engineering Manager for our Infrastructure team. As a vital member of our esteemed Infrastructure engineering group, you will play a pivotal role in the architecture, design, and development of projects aimed at transforming Verkada's infrastructure into the epitome of reliability and cost efficiency, all while seamlessly scaling to accommodate millions of connected devices.
1. Build and lead the team through effective recruitment, mentoring, and leadership.
2. Hands-on coding and prototyping for scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
3. Accountable for driving project execution.
4. Collaborate with engineering leaders to define and communicate goals, priorities, and processes.
- 2+ years of experience in managing, leading, and inspiring a team of engineers, including hiring, retaining, and managing performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a software engineering role, with proven technical leadership skills and expertise in designing scalable, reliable, and efficient solutions.
- Proficient in agile team software development and strong project management, delivering complex projects within defined timelines and resource constraints.
- Adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams, communicating effectively, and aligning efforts to achieve common goals.
- Passionate about technology, staying updated with the latest industry trends and advancements.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers
- Experience with service mesh such as Istio
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.