Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the first Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform on the Growth Engineering’s Infrastructure team, you will build data infrastructure, data pipeline and services to allow our marketing department to make data-driven decisions, and ultimately put quality features into the hands of users. We emphasize tools over processes, automation over operation, metrics over anecdotes, iteration over perfection, and proactive over-responsive.
- Build a scalable data warehouse and data lake capable of storing terabytes of data across multiple departments
- Design and implement reliable, scalable and efficient data infrastructure, enabling the team to effortlessly ingest, process and analyze data to derive insights and facilitate data-driven decisions
- Design and implement solutions to ensure data quality, security, and compliance
- Lead whole projects from design to implementation
- Help lead and grow junior engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree)
- 5+ years of data platform related development experience
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for data quality and building systems to ship high quality releases
- In-depth expertise in distributed systems and data processing
- Experience with data infrastructure
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $130,000 - 275,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.