Software Engineering Intern, Embedded - Summer 2024
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As part of the Software Engineering team, you’ll have ownership of one or more projects on various product or platform facing teams. You will work across the full software stack and collaborate cross functionally to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software, enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the embedded and server-side software for our fleet of devices
- Effectively manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables on all projects.
- Work cross-functionally with the hardware team to develop features in C, C++, Go and Python to build the embedded software and firmware that goes onto the devices we ship to our customers
- Design, develop and verify embedded software, firmware and drivers for our systems
- Work with new technologies that are critical to product development
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship features that delight users and customers.
- Experiment/test with new development boards
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis
- Collaborate with senior engineers to define new specs for future products
- Ability to work in person at Verkada HQ
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Internship experience developing and launching products
- Work experience with Embedded Linux, C, USB, I2C, and Yocto
- Ability to interview in C or C++
- Familiar with Linux servers, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel patches, secure operating systems and security focused programming
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.