Software Engineering Intern, Security - Summer 2024
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is looking for security engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging opportunity. We are seeking engineers who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Security Engineering team, you will have opportunities to work across the full software stack and collaborate cross-functionally to secure the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Depending on your interests, work in one or more of the following domains: data protection, detection and response, or security engineering
- Partner with software engineering teams to build threat models
- Fix, triage, and fix vulnerabilities in our embedded software stack
- Assist product teams with secure hardware developmentFind, triage and fix vulnerabilities in AWS, Kubernetes, containers, microservices and code.
- Build frameworks and libraries to mitigate classes of security vulnerabilities
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of monitoring and detecting security events from across Verkada’s infrastructure.
- Automate responses to security incidents.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work on site at Verkada HQ
- Graduating by June 2025. MS in Security is acceptable if you have bachelor’s degree and can code.
- Familiar with: Python, Golang or C, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read Python server code a plus!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.