Product Lead (Growth), New Products
Product, Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
At Verkada, we're known to push traditional boundaries and our B2B marketing efforts are no exception. As a Product Lead, you'll be in charge of crafting Go-To-Market strategy and growth-hack campaigns that drive revenue growth for each new product line until it “graduates” ($100M+ in annual sales).
This is the perfect opportunity to have full ownership over the most impactful segment in marketing, which dictates Verkada’s long-term future growth as a multi-product company. Your job will be to identify key growth levers to scale your new product’s growth, hone in on a product growth strategy, and then drive campaigns to execute on that strategy.
You will effectively be building a startup within a startup. Your role will be to unlock growth via out-of-the-box experiments and campaigns, with dedicated sales and engineering resources you can tap into to scale your strategy, and the new product’s growth. Once your product reaches $100M ARR, it graduates from New Products into a fully operationalized business unit built off the foundations you established, and you're off to the next product!
We hope to hire someone with the brainpower and experience needed to immediately contribute to pipeline generation of our new product lines while becoming a cross-functional leader in the company.
- Founder-like ownership of all things Go-To-Market for your product. Consider yourself the product’s Chief Growth Officer, responsible for unlocking and driving your new product’s growth.
- Work alongside Verkada’s Director of New Products, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Develop and execute new out-of-the-box experiments to deliver, target, and run marketing campaigns that drive direct revenue impact.
- Conceptualize and test new experimental campaigns that can help drive revenue at higher efficiency as we scale
- Engage with a fast-growing sales team to ensure your growth efforts convert into real opportunities down the funnel
- Analyze and optimize on lower-funnel metrics to ensure campaign ROI improves as it scales
- Partner with Product Management to drive growth strategy and influence product development
- Partner with various engineering teams to access data and build tools to scale your work
- This is an entrepreneurial role – perfect for former or aspiring founders. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build out and own a new product’s business operations while partnering closely with our Director of New Products
- 4-year undergraduate degree
- 3-7 years of work experience (multiple levels available)
- Strong quantitative ability and analytical skills (including experience with SQL and Excel)
- A hacker’s type mentality full of curiosity and creativity (obsessed with solving problems and never gives up)
- Strong project management and organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally to prioritize multiple initiatives with various stakeholders
- Ambitious and driven to be a top performer within the company
- Roll up your sleeves type mentality
- Preferred candidates may have been: 1) founders or early startup employees; 2) former Big Tech leaders looking to drive greater impact; 3) management consultants eager to build their own business. Our team is full of diverse backgrounds including software engineers, Wall Street bankers and traders, data scientists, chemists, linguists, motion designers, etc.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $130,000 - $200,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.