MBA Full-Time Hire - Strategic Finance
Accounting & Finance
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Strategic Finance and BizOps team, you will play a critical role in driving the strategy, insights, and financial modeling that enable the company to scale. Strategic Finance and BizOps are the “olympic decathaletes” (exceptional across disciplines) who partner with the CFO and senior leadership to set and measure drivers for the business, engage investors and the board, solve diverse Bizops problems, and implement operational projects at scale. The team is small (only 4 people today) and we seek incredibly talented generalists who can engage at the most senior levels while still sweating the details.
- Functional partnership: Be a strategic partner for specific departments or cross-functionally to help solve complex bizops problems. This could be anything from solving sourcing and refurbishment problems in Taiwan to setting up a sales recruiting machine in Tampa
- Fundraising: Engage debt and equity investors to support capital raising. As a hardware and software maker, we have many layers to this problem
- Strategy and Financial planning: Help drive our financial planning processes and adapt the financial forecast model for the growing complexity of the business
- Board and exec communication: Own all hands and board communications about our plans and results
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Excellent modeling skills: you have strong modeling intuition, and a good understanding of how to bring a modeling framework to complicated problems. Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts is a plus.
- Cross-functional communication: you’ll need to connect and partner with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement our financial strategy and processes. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
- Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.
- Must be graduating from an accredited MBA program in 2024.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.