IT Engineer - Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
About the IT Team
We are a high-functioning and cohesive team providing an amazing customer experience and focused on opportunities to unlock growth across the company and doing it all with a keen eye on security. We're here to make work easier and more efficient for our coworkers, fix what needs fixing, implement and improve processes, provide automation to increase efficiencies, onboard new hires at a rapid pace, evaluate and procure new solutions in the software and hardware worlds, and administer and improve our SaaS stack. As a small team in a rapidly growing startup, we're always ready to expand our responsibilities at a moment's notice all while maintaining the white-glove service our fellow employees deserve.
About This Role
Envision yourself here: You're a smart, hungry, adaptable, calm-under-pressure IT superhero whose primary goal is to enable all Verkada employees to crush it on a daily basis. Troubleshooting is your middle name. You can dive into any nasty tech situation and leave everyone smiling. You love trying out new software and hardware and staying up-to-date with the latest tech trends in both the enterprise and consumer worlds. You're always ready to help anyone at a moment's notice and you know how to handle constantly shifting priorities. You're a great team player and have opinions to contribute on a wide variety of topics, but can also get to work without too much oversight if need be. You enjoy variance in daily tasks, don't mind getting in touch with your customers in a multitude of communication channels, and getting to know everyone and their tech needs around the office.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has experience in a customer support or IT admin role, and understands the day-to-day aspects of an IT organization, especially in a high-growth startup with ever-changing requirements.
- Troubleshooting for all IT-related topics and in-depth research to find the best technical solutions.
- Administering a wide variety of SaaS apps; provision/modify/remove access as needed.
- Ordering/procuring equipment, maintaining vendor relationships, and inventory management for all IT hardware and software.
- Partner with all business units and collaborate on projects.
- SaaS account management with an eye on security and cost evaluations.
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely to the entire company.
- Supporting global workforce, partnering with overseas IT teams, both employees and consultants.
- Analyze existing processes, suggest and make improvements, and implement business processes where none exists.
- A desire to learn and expand your horizons; take on new challenges as the business scales and things break.
- Willingness to go above and beyond what is listed in this description; as the company grows, so will the role.
- 5-star customer service mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
- Ability to administer G-Suite for day-to-day operations
- Experience working with SSO (Okta, OneLogin, etc.).
- Capable of managing AV hardware and software, including video and sound editing tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (switching, firewalls, subnetting, wireless technologies, VPNs, LAN/WAN, etc.).
- Flexible work schedule; we take every opportunity to succeed as a company - sometimes that means early mornings, late nights, and unexpected phone calls and Slack messages outside of typical working hours.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs over short to medium distances, carry light loads up and down stairs, crouching or crawling as the situation demands.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar experience.
- Familiarity with any/all of our current technology stack: AWS, Confluence, Zendesk, Slack, Salesforce, Zoom and Zoom Rooms, jamf, VoIP telephony among others.
- Good grasp on how APIs are designed and implemented.
- Familiarity with programming languages e.g. Python.
- Exposure to HPE/Aruba, Palo Alto networking hardware.
- Fearless when it comes to troubleshooting or determining root cause.
- A love of documentation and process improvement.
- Demonstrate that you continue to keep your knowledge and skills up to date
- Prior IT/helpdesk/customer service experience, particularly in an early-stage startup.