Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
We are actively looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join the Infrastructure team.
As a member of the infrastructure team, your role will be to manage this infrastructure and continue to make it easier for our team to monitor and scale it, be it by adopting 3rd party tools or design your own. Example projects include optimizing our cluster cost efficiency, enforcing security requirements, improving monitoring and alerting, and adopting a service mesh.
- Keep our infrastructure up!
- Improve infrastructure automation
- Define infrastructure roadmap
- Provide technical support for engineers on other teams
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 1-2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and tooling
Nice to have
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers
- Experience with service mesh
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?