VP / Director of Growth Systems, Engineering and Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the VP / Director of Growth Systems, Engineering and Operations, you will report to the Head of Marketing to build the core systems that are a key part of our go-to-market operation. These are high scale, mission-critical systems and include a combination of homegrown systems and third-party software like but not limited to Marketo and Salesforce. We take systems very seriously and are looking for a leader to take our amazing systems team to the next level.
- Own all of the growth systems, including Marketo, core databases, data visualization tools, and dashboards
- Own integrations of marketing and product databases and sources of truth
- We have an amazing team of software engineers, business systems engineers and data scientists. Continue to build the team to the same high-quality standards.
- Own evaluation, negotiations, and implementation of the marketing technology stack
- Own the growth systems roadmap by prioritizing projects and architecting solutions
- 4-year degree from a top university
- At least 10 years of work experience
- You have a history of recruiting and managing high-caliber engineering talent, ideally with teams of 10 or more
- You have a strong software engineering background (must have been an engineer at one point), probably in systems, databases, or related areas
- You’re crafty/hacky and have a very strong first principles mentality
- You’re a good communicator, both written and verbal
- An example project your team would tackle might be scaling a database from 10m to 50m rows. What are all the ways we might do that, and the tradeoffs involved with each approach given the limitations of 3rd party software.
Nice to Have
- If you’ve worked with Marketo, Salesforce, and related middleware, in the past, that’s very useful, but not strictly required.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $200,000 – 450,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?