Back-end Developer (f/m/x)
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
In this role, you will be part of our growing and international engineering team, working with a high-quality code base and the latest tools, where you will promote your skills to be an expert in complex backend development, including microservices architecture, using Node.js, Python or Go. You will own and build large scale backend systems and micro-services. You will design, develop, and deliver powerful server-side applications in a highly dynamic environment, where root cause analysis and rapid problem-solving are required.
About your role as “Back-end developer”
- Build robust and scalable software in Node js, Python or Go
- Design and create (micro)services and system architecture for projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve existing code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the engineering and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
About your experience
- At least four years of experience in a similar role
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Language: Node.Js, Python or Go
- Database: Mongodb or other.
- Framework: Express.js or other.
- Web architecture: Rest and restful APIs, micro-services
- Master source version control: GIT
- Containers: Docker, kubernetes
- Caching, Redis server
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility, on-demand or fintech space is a plus
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
Must have technical skills:
Nice to have technical skills (Strongly advised for senior profiles):
Why you should join Yassir
- 😎 You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are current in +30 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, France and Germany)
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit pass
- 🤙🏽Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive guidance
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀