Backend Developer - Strapi & CMS
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
In this role, you will be part of our growing and international engineering team, working with a high-quality code base and the latest tools, where you will promote your skills to be an expert in complex backend development.
- Develop, customize, and deploy Strapi CMS-based application according to project requirements.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to ensure seamless integration between the CMS and frontend app.
- Implement and maintain data structures and schemas in Strapi CMS for efficient data exchange and manipulation.
- Develop APIs with GraphQL for communication between the CMS and frontend app.
- Optimize and improve the performance, security, and scalability of the Strapi CMS-based applications.
- Work with the DevOps team to optimise and deploy application to different environments.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to the CMS and its integration with the frontend app.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, provide technical guidance, and contribute to project planning and execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in developing and deploying applications using an API-Driven CMS
- Knowledge of deployment pipelines, CI/CD tools (GithubActions, etc.), and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within a team environment.
- Be proactive
- Preferred Skills:
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Jest, etc.)
- Knowledge of web build tools (Webpack, Babel, Vite, etc.) and package managers (yarn, npm, pnpm).
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure
- Understanding of caching mechanisms and CDN integration.
- Our Stack:
- NodeJS | TypeScript | GraphQL | Webpack | StrapiCMS | Jest | PostgreSQL | GithubActions | Google Cloud Platform
Why you should join Yassir
- 😎 You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are current in +25 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Paris, Berlin, and launching West Africa)
- 🤙🏽Have a lasting impact on our company's culture - you'll be one of the first staff in our Europe office
- 🎉 At Yassir we celebrate everything. OKR´s party!
- 🕟 Flexible working hours, because we care about your outcome and not output
- 💻 24/7 Office
- 📱 Mobile office - Office in all our sites 4 weeks at any location
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit pass
- 💬 Languages courses
- 📚 Yassir's academy
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 🎯 Outstanding mentors who will assist you in your growth
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive guidance
- 📣 Learn to be pragmatic and make the right and sustainable decisions
- 👌🏽Very strong team cohesion with daily and weekly activities
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- 👍🏽 Attractive offer with a well-paying salary
- ✈️ Relocation package if you are moving to Berlin
- 🤝 Buddy program
- ⚖️ As a company, we are passionate for diversity and inclusion, 40% of our team are women leaders in the tech sector
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀