Mobile iOS Engineer (f/m/x)
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be part of our engineering team, working with a high quality code base and the latest tools, where you will promote your skills to be an expert in complex frontend development in iOS (swift and swiftUI) native platforms. Your primary focus will be development of mobile applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to a highly dynamic environment, where root cause analysis and rapid collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are required.
- Design and build mobile applications for iOS.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the engineering and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Must have technical skills with at least 2 years of experience
- Language: iOS (swift) native
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notification
- Web architecture: Rest and restful APIs, micro-services
- Version control: GIT
- Nice to have technical skills (Strongly advised)
- Containers: Docker, kubernetes
- Caching, Redis server
- Scaling, Web load balancing
- Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility, on-demand or fintech space is a plus
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀