Senior Product Designer
Algiers Province, Algeria
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering end-to-end user
experiences and contributing to various aspects of team and product development, which
makes your role extremely important for our success, ensuring customer satisfaction, loyalty,
- Create end-to-end experiences, from start to finish.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UXR and UXW to define design solutions.
- Create and deliver high-quality user interfaces that help improve the overall design language of our products.
- Have a 360o view of the area you're working on and the business in general.
- Collaborate, assist and review junior designers.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Present design projects to stakeholders and gather feedback.
- Develop exhaustive design handoffs, and follow design implementations with developers.
- Conduct design and usability tests.
- Actively build and maintain internal design systems.
- Suggest improvements that contribute to the overall direction of our products and strategy.
- Participate in shaping the design culture at YASSIR.
- Help maintain and improve the internal design process.
- A computer science graduate, relevant degree, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital experiences, in a professional environment.
- Portfolio showcasing your work and great visual skills and attention to detail.
- Experience designing web and mobile apps.
- Ability to dissect and simplify complex problems.
- High understanding of iOS and Android design language and system behavior and platform standards in general.
- Advanced design tools mastery, such as Sketch or Figma.
- Proficient in creating high-fidelity prototypes.
- Complete mastery of design principles.
- Strong knowledge of the product development process.
- Always up to date with design industry news and best practices.
- Large knowledge of design patterns.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, you enjoy working in teams and sharing your experience and knowledge with others.
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop strong design leadership skills.
- Experience working and building Design Systems.
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀