Accounting & Finance
Johannesburg, South Africa
Posted on Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. The successful candidate will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
What You'll Need
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including IFRS
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like (eg: QuickBooks)Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Accounting, Finance or other relevant degree
- Enthusiastic about Yassir!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world around you such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another app, we’re infusing social values and reinventing how services are provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Great compensation, fringe benefits and bonuses
- Paid company holidays
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀