Marketplace Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Johannesburg, South Africa
Posted on Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. You are a team player who can work in a matrix organization, you are highly analytical and have attention to detail. The successful candidate will turn data into insights to support business decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Produce reports and charts communicating trends within data to non-specialists
- Present information generated from data to various stakeholders
- Respond to data-related queries and keeping track of these
- Build efficient processes and systems of working with data
What You'll Need
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages and databases (SQL etc)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Enthusiastic about Yassir!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world around you such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another app, we’re infusing social values and reinventing how services are provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Great compensation, fringe benefits and bonuses
- Paid company holidays
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀