Data Analyst - Full remote possible
IT, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
We are seeking an experienced and data-driven individual to join our team as a Data Analyst. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of data analysis techniques and the ability to exploit databases in order to uncover insights hidden within large datasets.
As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with our AI team to conduct all necessary data studies prior to the launch of machine learning projects that cover all of our services. You will play a central role in communicating data-related topics within the company, with regular presentations to different stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills. Additionally, you will have the ability to think creatively and "hack around" problems to uncover insights and the perseverance to solve problems that may not have obvious solutions. We value this kind of "out of the box" thinking and problem-solving abilities. If you are excited about the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
About your role as Data Analyst
- Translate business questions and strategies into clear, measurable outputs that provide impact to Yassir.
- Design, create, and evaluate outputs, including metrics, definitions, dashboards, and apps.
- Communicate actionable insights through effective data visualization and clear communication to support the company's strategic direction.
- Extract meaningful insights from data, create light data pipelines if needed, and deliver results through dashboards, reports, or one-off analyses.
- Perform statistical analysis on transactions and marketing data to provide reliable signals of the truth.
- Design experiments and AB tests to promote data-driven decision making.
- Serve as a sparring partner for the product team to help them define KPIs and recurring reports to measure the performance of their initiatives.
Requirements - Must Have
- You have 3+ years of professional experience working as a data analyst
- Excellent command of SQL (Postgres, Standard SQL, having worked with BigQuery is a plus) and statistical software languages (R or Python)
- Good understanding of statistics (sampling, distributions, probability theory, experiment design, regression etc.)
- Good knowledge of machine learning techniques and data pre-processing
- Advanced English communication skills
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
*As a company, we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, 40% of our team are women leaders in the tech sector. Research shows that women do not apply for jobs if they do not meet all of the requirements. We would like to hear from you if you feel you would be a good fit for us!
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? Then you absolutely have to send us your application. 🚀
PS: And if you want to stand out in your application, just let us know in your cover letter why we should have in our team. 💡
Diversity & Inclusion & Engagement:
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we believe diverse teams are more successful in the long term. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and we encourage all people equally to apply for jobs with us.
See more open positions at Yassir
Something looks off?