Senior Full Stack Engineer (Node.js & React)
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About Your Role:
- As a Fullstack Developer specializing in Node.js and React, you will be an essential part of our engineering team, working on both client-side and server-side applications. Your primary focus will be to develop user interfaces and implement server-side logic, creating seamless integrations between the two. Collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and a commitment to quality products are essential in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Design and develop web applications using Node.js and React.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Work with modern tools and technologies, maintaining code quality, organization, and automation.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks, fix bugs, and optimize performance.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms, and products.
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering teams to translate end-user requirements into effective technical solutions.
- Embrace and solve complex challenges, delivering results on schedule.
- Ideally have technical skills with at least 3-5 years of experience in Node.js and React.
- Familiarity with REST and RESTful APIs, micro-services.
- Experience with databases, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Version control: GIT.
- Nice to have technical skills (Strongly advised): Containers (Docker, Kubernetes), Caching (Redis), Scaling, Web load balancing.
- Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility, on-demand, or fintech space is a plus.
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field.
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀