Data Product Manager
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
We are in search of a talented and motivated individual to Join planning/review session for all squads in domain to find areas of enhancements in terms of data-driven decision making.
As a Data Product Manager at Yassir, working in the intersection between Data teams and Product teams, you will have the opportunity to do life-changing work for Yassir’s customers. You will work on building and implementing the data strategies for Yassir on the scale of millions of customers.
About your role as a Data Product Manager
- Coordinate between Product & Data teams to help define the most relevant KPIs and create dashboards.
- Propose data strategies that have a long-term effect on the growth of Yassir.
- Introduce new processes to help coordinate between the different analytics/product/operations teams.
- Propose/add new tools to the technical stack used for analytics and AI.
- Champion data literacy within the organization and influence decisions by becoming more data-driven.
- Utilize data in feature ideation, discovery, implementation, and post-release feedback, guiding teams to reach useful insights.
- Help your partner teams prioritize what to build, set goals, track progress and understand their product’s ecosystem.
- A minimum experience of 2 years in Product Management.
- A minimum experience of 1 year in Data-related roles (Data Analysis/Business Analysis/Data Science/Machine Learning)
- Experience using analytics tools, such as Google Analytics/Adjust.
- A strong analytical mindset, having worked before in environments where data was a big driver for product decisions.
- Minimum experience of 1 year in a product-based startup/scale-up
- Basic experience with SQL
- Have used any of the following tools: Segment, Amplitude/Mixpanel, Tableau/PowerBI, Hotjar/Mouseflow/Posthog/LogRocket.
Why you should join Yassir
- 😎 You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are currently in +30 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, France and, Germany)
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit pass
- 🤙🏽Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive guidance
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- 🌎As a company, we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, 40% of our team are women leaders in the tech sector
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀