Engineering Manager (Last Mile Delivery)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager (Last mile delivery)to join our team and lead our tech hub in Berlin. You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting the team with time sensitive tasks and also focus on demanding operational environments where the ultimate goal is to enhance team performance and productivity.
Do you possess unparalleled strategic thinking, outstanding product management and leadership skills ? If you think you are the right fit, this job is for you !
About your role as Engineering Manager :
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers, providing technical guidance and coaching to help them grow in their roles
- Oversee the development and delivery of high-quality software products, ensuring that they meet business requirements and customer needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other stakeholders, to define product requirements and develop roadmaps
- Continuously improve our development process and methodologies, driving innovation and increasing efficiency
- Ensure that the team adheres to best practices for software engineering, including code reviews, testing, and documentation
About your experience
- Experience as an engineering manager or tech lead at an engineering department
- Strong technical expertise in software engineering, including experience with software architecture, design patterns, and development methodologies
- Good Understanding of agile development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality software products on time and within budget
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus: Node.Js, Python, Go, Swift, Kotlin, Rest & Restful APIs, Microservices architecture, GCP;
- Excellent leadership and project management skills, ideally experience managing remote teams:
- -Highly organized, creative and critical thinker;
- -Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment;
- -Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility or on-demand services space is a plus
Why you should join Yassir
- 😎 You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are current in +30 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, France and Germany)
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit pass
- 🤙🏽Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive guidance
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
Applicants must be authorised to work in the EU without the need for visa sponsorship by Yassir.
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀