Community and Office Manager
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
We are looking for a driven community and office manager to join our fast-growing company. You will support our global community and distributed teams, take care of our office and staff in Berlin, engage our employees working remotely as well as coordinate daily activities at Yassir Berlin's office. If you are a forward thinker who relates well to people and is driven to exceed expectations, we need you on our team!
About your role as Community and Office Manager
- Ensuring a great experience at the office for an optimum well-being of our employees working onsite and remotely and fostering a culture of sharing, mutual trust, support, and celebration
- Be the person of contact for our community hub and daily office management duties - maintenance, mailing, shipping, equipment and bills management, shopping for office supplies and events, inventory management, organizing the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment.
- Organizing business trips (reservation of transport, tickets, hotels), planning and organizing our marketing campaigns and events (meetings, seminars, training, celebration parties, in-house and off-site activities, and conferences)
- Researching and procuring different products and services required in the office
- Managing our facilities and liaising with the public authorities if and when needed and different stakeholders (e.g. vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services)
- Partner with HR/People Team to update and maintain office policies and assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment and manage License procurement for our software needs and monthly subscriptions
- Resolve employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware, travel arrangements, etc)
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Propose new ideas on how we can grow and strengthen a sense of community and belong at Yassir regardless of geographies
Requirements and Skills
- At least two years of experience as an office manager in a startup environment
- German and English language skills are a must.
- Experience building online and/or offline communities is a must
- Previous experience in organizing events and business trips
- Customer-centric mindset and attention to detail
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- A working visa or permit in the European Union
Why you should join Yassir
- You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are current in +30 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, France and Germany)
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of people
- 💸 Attractive offer with a competitive salary
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit passAnd other benefits
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀