Junior Backend Engineer (Node.JS)
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be part of our engineering team, working with a high-quality code base and the latest tools, where you will promote your skills to be an expert in complex backend development, including microservices architecture, using Node.js, or Go. You will own and build large scale backend systems and micro-services. You will design, develop, and deliver powerful server-side applications in a highly dynamic environment, where root cause analysis and rapid problem-solving are required.
- Build robust and scalable software in Node.js
- Design and create (micro)services and system architecture for projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve existing code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the engineering and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Technical Skills :
- A BS degree in computer or any equivalent experience
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Must have technical skills with at least 1 year experience
- Language: Node.js
- Data base: Mongodb or other.
- Framework: Express.js or other.
- Web architecture: Rest and restful APIs, micro-services
- Master source version control: GIT
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Procurement or legal background is a big plus
- Excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and obsessive about details
- Hard working, passionate and looking to embrace the challenge
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Enthusiastic about Yassir!
Other key skills and traits :
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀