Junior Platform Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a Platform Engineer to join our digital platformisation initiative. The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer with a passion for delivering high-quality and scalable digital platforms. You will be responsible for enabling other cross-functional teams by providing solutions that focus on development experience and excellence. You will also be a key player in the digital transformation of the organization by leveraging technology to improve processes and drive innovation.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in both DevOps and software engineering. Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders are essential for this role.
About your role as "Junior Platform Engineer":
- Design, build and maintain the digital platform infrastructure and services.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code using tools like CDK for Terraform or Pulumi.
- Implement containerization and orchestration strategies to ensure high availability and scalability of the platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their requirements and provide solutions that meet their needs.
- Ensure security and compliance of the platform infrastructure and services.
- Continuously monitor and optimize platform performance and availability.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers on the team.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining software applications to support our developers and business operations.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop secure and scalable software solutions.
- Participating in code reviews and implementing best practices in software development.
- Identifying opportunities to improve system performance, reliability, and security through software engineering techniques.
About your experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in platform engineering, software engineering or a related field is a plus.
- Experience with TypeScript and Google Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and CDK for Terraform or Pulumi is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of security and compliance best practices is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams is a plus.
Why you should join Yassir
- 😎 You will be part of one of the first Algerian startups to go through the Y Combinator program and one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa. We are current in +30 cities (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, France and Germany)
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 🚉 Subsidized public transit pass
- 🤙🏽Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive guidance
- 💯 Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
Applicants must be authorised to work in the EU without the need for visa sponsorship by Yassir.
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀