Dark Store Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
We are looking for a Dark Store Manager to join our team in Johannesburg. In this role your responsibilities will include managing, motivating and supporting a team of dark store staff within a time-sensitive and demanding operational environment with the ultimate goal of driving enhanced levels of team performance and productivity
- Own and be accountable for all in-store performance metrics i.e. order processing time, stock loss, staff attendance, compliance to standardised processes, and timeliness of deliveries,
- Devise tactics to drive improvements to in-store process with the ultimate aim of improving headline performance metrics,
- Maintain health and safety standards to promote a positive on-site safety culture and ensure the sites are compliant with regulatory requirements,
- Oversee stock operations i.e. stock counts, inventory check-in, stock disposal,
- Collaborate with central supply chain team to facilitate mid-fulfilment & drive improvements to assortment,
- Collaborate with central customer support team to resolve customer escalations,
- Collaborate with central courier operations team to resolve courier capacity & quality challenges,
- Maintain and submit timesheets to external labour provider,
- Co-ordinate call outs with vendors for any maintenance work (electrical, plumbing, IT, etc) to be done at your dark store, &
- Coach and develop individual store associates.
- Minimum of 4 years in a retail operations environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing or supervising a team
- Customer centric with positive attitude
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀